65+% Trained Entrepreneurs are Women
18 COMMUNITIES PROVIDING ACCESS TO CLEAN WATER FOR 7,000+ PEOPLE
1,450 WATER FILTERS SOLD
TRAINING & EDUCATION
Each entrepreneur receives 10 hours of training before going into the market to sell the water filtration systems and stoves. Our Business Basics Training includes:
- WaSH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene practices)
- Business Fundamentals (sales, budgeting, return on investment, supply & demand, marketing)
- Personal Finance (budgeting, loan and money management)
- Sales training (creating a business plan, profitability, bookkeeping)
- Product training (water filtration)
As entrepreneurs continue working with Unlocking Communities, the Country Manager provides additional training and education. This brings the total hours of training to 20 hours.
Our partners range from local to international. In Haiti, we partner with churches and local groups in each community we work in. On a global scale, we partner with international nonprofits who are interested in our grassroots approach; these larger partners bring connections to all the communities they are present in.