Community Entrepreneurs who have completed Business Basics Training
ongoing training sessions with Community Businesses
water filtration systems sold
clean burning stoves sold
potential new communities identified
- When a family switches from buying bottled water to using a water filtration system, they save around $150 annually (10% of income).
- When a family switches to a clean burning stove from traditional methods, they save around $150 annually (10% of income).
- Entrepreneurs earn a commission of $7 per water filter. This additional income can be invested in home improvements, purchasing animals, and ensuring their children can attend school.
- Entrepreneurs are taught transferable business skills that they can use to grow their water filtration sales or start their own businesses.
- A water filtration system created from simple ingredients (clay, sawdust, water, and nanosilver) can produce clean water for a family of 5-10 people for approximately 5 years (saving the purchase of over 25,000 plastic water bottles).
- Each clean burning stove saves approximately 20 adult trees and eliminates approximately 10 tons CO2 emissions (essential since Haiti is currently 98% deforested).